Monday 31 January 2011

What I'm watching...

Just seen this post on Fearne Cotton's blog, so thought I'd give it a whirl because I havn't blogged in a while, and I said I would. Anddd now I feel bad haha.

Recently I've been watching...a lot of stuff actually.
TV is actually so good at the moment, it's probably the media trying to make us all feel better about ourselves in this bleak months!
So what I'll do is write about each night of the week (if there is anything on each day)
Mondays - Mondays are taken over by amazing TV at the moment, but it's also the most amazing night to go out at uni. So I've sky-plussed it all at home as to make sure I don't miss anything haha! First is Glee, an instant classic I don't think I will ever fall out of love with. Secondly is One Born Every Minute. I absolutely love it, even if it does make me wince and turn away. The midwifes are incredible, and even if I am looking away at the birth part, as soon as the baby is out, I have tears in my eyes. It's amazing!
Third is Tool Academy, and I know a lot of people have been watching this. It's great seeing men getting their commupence for being absolute knobs! I think we can all appreciate the light banter, but that bald one (can't remember his dick 'ed name) just went yards past the line. I think it's safe to say we all sat there with our hands over our mouths when his girlfriend had to find out he had kissed another girl just a few weeks before. It just makes you think, who the hell CAN you trust?! Nevertheless, such an entertaining show, even if Rick Edwards' commentary makes me cringe beyond belief. 
Another show on on a Monday night (I know it's ridiculous how they don't spread all of these across the week, they are ALL something to do with Channel 4) is Alan Carr's Chatty Man. This man is an absolute legend in his own right and sooo funny. I could watch him all day, his interview with Adele last week was especially hilarious. Love him.





Tuesdays - Tuesday is the night of slobbing, being slightly hungover and feeling sooo much better about yourself when you flick on 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' it's cringey, ugly, and hilarious at the same time. When you think it can't get any worse than the first series the producers have now included christenings, holy communions and interviewing the younger community. There is no denying that gypsies morals are sky high, but seriously, you wouldn't think it with the way they dress and dance? I mean there were little girls of about 6 years old grinding around the dancefloor like they've had one too many Breezers and fancy a quickie round the bike sheds!  That's probably the wrong thing to say but you're all thinking it haha. Cringe cringe cringe, but such good TV. PS. Auntie Gok is BACK!!!



Wednesdays - Weeellll mid week television is shite, this is why I think they should be spreading all the good TV across the week rather than keeping it all on one production team at the same time. Silly! But this week I came home from uni on Wednesday and Mum had Moulin Rouge on, such an amazing film by Baz Luhrman. God knows how many times I've watched it as I started reciting the whole script and all of the songs haha. But I couldn't help it, it's a beauuuutiful film. And Ewan McGregor just makes it.


Thursdays - Louie Spence's Show Business, need I say any more? He's amazing. So funny with his infamous lisp and prancing about. Just such good entertainment.


Fridays - If I'm at home, there's usually a new film on Anytime on Sky on a friday night so I'll snuggle down and watch that, like for instance I fancy watching Invictus at the moment. Otherwise if I'm at uni, I'm always out on a friday night, the TV isn't anything to be desired so I don't need to record anything. However, whilst I was at home this past Friday night, I decided to watch The Million Pound Drop, and it is soooo intense! Love Davina as well so that was just a bonus but it's a great show and you can even play along online.


Saturdays - The weekend is all about being lazy, having a stinking hangover and eating as much crap food as you possibly can. Our tradition at uni is to get a chinese in time for Take Me Out to come on, Paddy McGuiness is brilliant and it's such a good show. Although it still doesn't rate as well as Blind Date in my eyes, bring back Cilla!!


Sundays - Finally, sundays are actually beginning to become and amazing time for TV (for me maybe haha) It's just annoying that these two shows are on at the same time. The first is 'Got to Dance' I hope a lot more other people have been watching this series too, I caught a few episodes from the last series but this time I've been hooked! Some of the dancers are just incredible, and it has to be said, this show must have THE most attractive judging panel I have ever seen. Kimberly Wyatt, Adam Garcia and the GORGEOUS Ashley Banjo. Absolutely love him. He's sooo lovely and gorgeous and charming. So there you go, my new crush revealed. Haha. The second show is 'Dancing on Ice' so cheesy with Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby presenting but it is just amazing - especially when they get just one really good skater amongst the celebrities, my favourite this year is Sam. I didn't even know who he was but his skating is impeccable for only the third week! He reminds me of celebrities from previous series of DOI like Ray Quinn and Chris Fountain. Just someone you could watch ALL day long. Haha!



So there you have it, I wasn't expecting this blog post to be so long but oh well.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment